Here are some M.C.Q on COVID-19 ( Here, options are not mentioned, only correct answers are given):
1. What is the full form of COVID-19?
Ans: COVID means ‘Corona Virus Disease’ and as this disease appeared in 2019, the disease is named as COVID-19.
2. Name some diseases that are responsible for common cold, respiratory infections.
Ans: MERS and SARS
3. What are the full forms of MERS and SARS?
Ans: MERS- Middle East Respiratory Syndrome ; SARS- Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome
4. Which virus causes COVID-19?
5. From where did the SARS-CoV2 virus emerge?
Ans: A bat virus that was able to infect human beings.
6. What are the common signs and symptoms of COVID-19?
Ans: Muscle pain, Sore throat, Fever, Cough etc.
7. Sometimes, people infected with COVID-19 never show any sign or symptom. What type of infection it is?
8. Which signs / symptoms require immediate and urgent care?
Ans: Trouble breathing, Persistent pain or pressure in the chest, Blue lips or face, New confusion or inability to arouse.
9. What do you mean by Infectious period?
Ans: The period of time during which a person sick with COVID-19 can infect others.
10. Name the most common test used to diagnose an active case of COVID-19.
Ans: A PCR test to look for Viral RNA in a nasal swab.
11. How COVID-19 is transmitted between people?
Ans: Droplets from an infected person entering another person’s mouth, nose or eyes.
12. How long someone with COVID-19 is contagious to others?
Ans: In the two days before they start feeling ill or start showing symptoms and throughout their illness.
13. What is the incubation period of COVID-19?
Ans: 2 to 14 days. Average-5 days.
14. How long does the virus survive on surfaces?
Ans: Studies have shown that the virus can survive for up to 72 hours on plastic and stainless steel, less than 4 hours on copper and less than 24 hours on cardboard.
Thank you for reading. Let us make a beautiful world together. God bless!
Image credit: Google